Careers - Information & Advice
Careers Links - Links to career websites.
Careers START - Information on the START programme.
The Careers Department at the Academy provides a range of services for students from work experience and motivational placements to one-to-one careers interviews and support with application forms and CV writing. In addition, careers staff are actively involved in educational careers visits, enterprise days and employability workshops and have established close links with the The University of Chester, local further education providers and employers.
The careers department is supported by external careers advisers from Young Peoples Services who provide individual careers interviews and action plans for students.
Careers staff work closely with students to help them make realistic informed choices about their future, to implement their decisions and to create longer term plans for progression throughout their working lives. This involves encouraging students to review experiences and create career action plans for the way forward.
Students may need more careers help and input at particular times in their school life – here are some of the services available:
- Individual careers interviews available for students in Years 9 - 13
- Parents welcome to book a careers appointment with their child
- Advice and guidance for Year 11s with their post-16 options
- Access to careers information leaflets and useful websites
- College and university prospectuses available
- Help with completing college and job application forms
- Information on apprenticeships
- Tips on interview preparation and mock interviews offered
- Help with CV writing
Students are welcome to call into the Careers Room at break, lunchtime or after school to book their own appointments.
9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 4.30pm on Friday
Careers Links - Click Here to view our careers links page. We have provided a large selection of useful websites which will help you make the right careers decisions.